If you want to help out the victims of the tropical storm Ketsana, a.k.a. Ondoy, here are a few things you might want to know:
- Around 300 Persons with Disabilities in TAHANANG WALANG HAGDANAN in Cainta needs mattresses, blankets, toiletries, food, drinking water and ANTIBIOTICS FOR UTI, betadine, saline and gauze for pressure sores, because most of the residents are spinal cord injury cases who were soaked overnight on flood waters. Pls help them out too.
- Help needed in Payatas. Corpses all over. No media attention. Please repost so others can also take action.
- Please include sanitary napkins, women’s underclothes and infant milk in your donations for typhoon victims. Women and children have special needs that are often forgotten in disaster situations.
- TasK Force Ondoy is running out of goods especially biscuits and noodles. Vehicles to transport the goods to the areas are also needed! Please bring them to the Ateneo College Covered Courts.
- Give your closets some space! 🙂 RockEd will be at Mag:Net High Street today (sept 30 – starting at noon) to take in your clothing donations!
- PGH is in dire need of expressed breastmilk. They will process donations (pasteurize, etc) and bring to evacuation centers. many babies in the centers are suffering from diarrhea due to formula feeding. And their mothers are so stressed out with their situation,they can’t seem to nurse. If any of you can help, please contact Dra Silvestre. Or Lita Nery 0918 555 7565.
- For those who are asking how to help Ondoy victims, Operation BLessing still need the following: Rice – 800 cavans Sardines – 30,000 cans Noodles – 30,000 packs Coffee – 100,000 packs Soap – 10,000 Laundry soap – 10,000 Blankets – 10,000 Sleeping mats – 10,000 Bottled water and bread – 3,000/day Hammers, nails, pails, walis and shovels
- PCEC-National Youth Commission is accepting donations (cash, kind or volunteer work) for typhoon Ondoy’s victims. Kindly text Ptr. Roni (0919-4802802). Now is the time to show to the world Pinoy’s BAYANIHAN Spirit.
- The E.R. at South City will continue to collect blankets, medicines for children, rice, canned goods, and cup noodles for victims of Typhoon Ondoy. Please bring your donations our central offices located at #75 Presidents Avenue, BF Homes, Paranaque. (near Starbucks and Pancake House) For inquiries, call us at 850-8409 or text us at 0908-885-9238 or email us atER@southcity.ph. (For donations in cash or kind, please look for Annie Diaz.)
- We need volunteers at Megatent, 30 Meralco Avenue, beside Renaissance Towers and in front of Alexandria for packing and distributing. It’s a relief hub for the victims of Typhoon Ondoy. We need all the man/woman power we can get. Donations are greatly appreciated–food, powdered milk, water and if you can provide TROLLEYS to speed up the loading process, that’d be wonderful.
If you’re outside the Philippines and would like to help out, here’s how:
- MASSACHUSETTS: YOU CAN NOW SEND RELIEF GOODS TO: Sure Pinoy Oriental Food Mart. 145 Water St Quincy, MA 02169-6535 Telephone number: (508) 997-1246 (617) 328-8880. Look for Mr. Yoel.
- MANILA BOX USA now accepting donations/will provide FREE shipping to Manila. 361 Beach Road Burlingame , CA 94010 or call (650)342-2858.
Lots of events are happening this week to help raise funds and gather relief goods for the victims of the flood. Here are some you can check out:
TODAY, SEPTEMBER 30:
RockEd will be at Mag:Net High Street to take in your clothing donations!
TOMORROW, OCTOBER 1:
or you can check this out too:
- The league of band managers will have a fund raising drive on October 1, Thursday at the Mandaluyong Gym. No entrance fee! Just bring donations and you will have the chance to watch Itchyworms, Spongecola, Sugarfree, Kenyo, Silent Sanctuary, Soapdish…, Delara, Mayonnaise, Hilera, Ciudad, Concrete Sam and many others! Please don’t limit yourselves when you help others. Go out and help!!!!
If metal is more your thing, there’s another benefit gig on SAT 3 OCT at Center For Arts, Timog Ave QC feat. BRIMSTONE IN FIRE, MORTAL FEAR, BRUTAL PUNISHMENT and more. Entrance is a donation of canned goods, money or whatever you can give. Collections to be dropped off at GMA7. immediately after. Show love.
If you’re in Davao:
- SAGIP MUSIKA Featuring local artists and bands from Davao. Take part of this gigconcert! This Friday 6:30-9pm @ the Victory Auditorium. It’s a free concert but please come bring your donations in any form such as food, medicines, milk, goods, toiletries, clothing, cash or other necessities. Donations will be coursed through ABS-CBN Foundation’s Sagip Kapamilya… SAGIP MUSIKA… A time to unite and save lives!